You must submit a complete business plan with the following sections:
- A title/cover page with the names of partners, team leaders, and their contact information.
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Company Description – Product/Service Overview
- Industry Analysis
- Target Market
- Competition and Value Proposition
- Sales and Marketing Plan
- Operations Plan
- Management Team
- Growth Strategy
- Financial Statements (see below for what this includes)
- Appendix (optional; 5 pages maximum)
If any of the aforementioned sections are missing, the plan will be deemed unacceptable and not be reviewed. We are NOT looking for lengthy business plans. You should be clear and concise as much as possible. NO fluff please!
In addition, when submitting your application, there will be a question on what you plan on using the $10,000 for. While the judges will see this and take this into consideration, you will not be held to this plan if you win, at which point we ask you provide us with more formal plans. Please note that, at the time of submission, you do not need to provide us with a great deal of detail, although the numbers must add up to $10,000. For example, you could say that you will spend $2,000 on marketing, $1,000 on business formation, $5,000 on product, and $3,000 on a website. If you wish to provide more detail you may, but it is not required.
- Balance Sheet – Yearly (Years 1,2 & 3)
- Income Statement – Monthly (Year 1), Quarterly (Years 2-3)
- Statement of Cash Flows – Monthly (Year 1), Quarterly (Years 2-3)
- Break-Even Analysis
- Financial Assumptions
- Proposed Sources & Use of Funds
- The business plan length, excluding financial statements, should not exceed 20 pages. All pages should be numbered. Page number count starts with the Executive Summary.
- Font should be Times New Roman, at 12 Pt. font size, 1 – 1 1/2 spaced, with 1 inch margins all around.